Blessed are the curious...for they create a better world.

Friday, December 7, 2012

Lacey Cuff


I'm still on a sewing spree!  Here is a lace cuff that I made for my partner, Thespa, in the Marie Antoinette Mail Art group.  My good buddy Lorraine hosted this swap, and the challenge was to create a bracelet out of lace and fabric and vintage goodies. My cuff was created with a special wool felt and some vintage lace. I love making the folded rosettes with all different kinds of ribbons and fabrics, and for this piece I used one make out of a twill ribbon to anchor it in the middle.  It is surrounded by a lace rosette and a felt rosette.

My favorite part about MAMA swaps is that it challenges me to try new things.  My sewing machine was downright dusty before this, and now I have regained my confidence that I know how to use the thing and am sewing more cuffs, purses and other accessories.  It's a blast!

A very happy Pink Saturday to the wonderful link party participants - you have really been so sweet with all of your comments and have inspired me to keep up this blogging thing.  Thanks so very much for your visits!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

she is going to love this!!! HPS

Lorraine said...

Beautiful!! Love all the different textures, gorgeous!! Thanks for sharing. Happy Pink Saturday!! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Laura Quaglia (Fun With This and That) said...

very nice ,she will love it I would like to know how to make the rose.HPS

Jeanne said...

Hi Marti, Your pretty Marie cuff is awesome. I have a dusty sewing machine too. I am inspired to dust it off and start creating.

It was nice to visit you today. thanks for stopping by my post as well.
Hugs, Jeanne

Eileen said...

How beautiful! I just love all the textures. What lovely work you do. Thanks so much for stopping by.