Blessed are the curious...for they create a better world.

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Art Joy Stuff Vintage Paper ATC Swap

This month I decided to join an ATC swap  hosted by Kimberly of ArtJoyStuff.  She hosts a different theme monthly and this time around it was Vintage Paper. I thought "that sounds pretty easy, I can handle that," and so I joined in.  Well this was NOT easy! The rules were that everything on the ATC had to be vintage. EVERYTHING! I guess I didn't think it would be that big of a deal until I tried to make the card with my limited supply of vintage items.

I had a bunch of pages from an old Mother Goose Nursery Rhyme book and I started with that. Then I found a beautiful piece of flocked metallic vintage wall paper. It still looked so plain! So I went to bed and started again in the morning and came up with millinery flowers and a roll of vintage seam binding. In the end it was fun and challenging to use all vintage materials.

Linking with Pink Saturday.



Ira Huberts said...

Fab creations Marti, love your pretty images and how you adorned your atcs! Take care, Ira x

Lorraine said...

They're adorable, Marti, especially the kitty cat! ==^..^==

Michelle Pitts said...

Love your cards...HPS Michelle

Francie...The Scented Cottage Studio said...

You did a great job, I think it would have been difficult for me to come up with all vintage too.
Happy Pink Saturday !